Whitlam Flow-Aide System De-Scaler Kit - FLOW-KIT
Product ID • FLOWKIT00000
Whitlam - Flow-Aide System De-Scaler Kit - FLOW-KIT.
Whitlam Flow-Aide System Descaler Kit has been designed to work in conjunction with isolation valves that provide 3/4 inch hot and cold service connections. If these valves have not been installed on your heater, then the heater must be disconnected from the plumbing and drained, and the Whitlam Flow-Aide System Descaler Kit must be connected directly to the cold and hot water connections. Whitlam FLOW-KIT Flow-Aide System Descaler is NSF approved and safe to dispose of in drains*.
Whitlam Flow-Aide System Descaler Kit Contents:
1 - 3.5 Gallon Bucket
1 - 350 GPH Pump
2 - 5 Foot Rubber Hoses
1 - Quart Flow-Aide
* Flow-Aide is biodegradable with a BOD value of 16 mg/l. This normally allows the product to be water flushed down sewers. Check with local ordinances and regulations in your area prior to disposal.
Manuals & Docs
Flow Aide System Descaler Uses & Features FLOW-KIT
- Tankless Water Heaters
- Hydronic Boilers
- Heat Exchangers
- Ice Machines
- Vacuum Pumps
- Water Tanks
- Potable Waterlines
- Water Operated Equipment
- Fully Biodegradable *
- Safe to Handle
- Zero V.O.C.
- *Flow-Aide is biodegradable with a BOD value of 16 mg/l. This normally allows the product to be water flushed down sewers. Check with local ordinances and regulations in your area prior to disposal.
Flow-Aide System Descaling Procedure FLOW-KIT
- Disconnect power to water heater
- Close hot and cold isolation and service valves and remove service caps
- Pour 1 gallon of water into bucket and place under water heater
- Connect one hose to pump, and other end of same hose to cold service valve. Place pump in bucket
- Add contents of 1 quart bottle of Whitlam Flow-Aide to bucket (Liquid should just cover pump housing). Additional Flow-Aide may be necessary in larger or heavily scaled systems
- Connect second hose to hot service valve. Place other end in bucket
- Open both hot and cold service valves
- Plug pump into grounded receptacle. Never allow pump to run without adequate liquid in bucket or damage to the pump will occur
- Allow pump to circulate Whitlam Flow-Aide solution through heater for 30-45 minutes. Unplug pump
- Close cold service valve. Remove hose from cold service valve, and replace service cap
- Disconnect the hose from the pump and remove pump from bucket. Discard Whitlam Flow-Aide solution*
- Flush tankless water heater for 3-5 minutes or until water flows clear by opening the cold isolation valve and allowing water to exit through the hot service valve into a drain (connect two hoses if necessary) or drain into a bucket. If using a bucket, empty periodically
- Close hot service valve. Remove hose from service valve and replace service cap; then open hot isolation valve
- Connect power to water heater and return appliance to service
Info & Links