Housepex - 1/2 Inch PEX Tubing Heat Transfer Plate - 4524 - Box of 100
- 4 1/2 inch by 24 inch
Product ID • GEH100122400
PEX Radiant Heat Transfer Plates are used with joist space installation method to enhance heat transfer.
Uses 1/2 Inch HousePEX PEX-A or PEX-C (Or any NSF Certified PEX Pipe) for convenient installation. Plates are 4 1/2" wide by 24" long and .016 inches thick. Box count of 100.
When installing HousePEX, Heatlink or Safelink's Mr. PEX tubing under the floor with heat transfer plates you should install the PEX 8 inches on center.
PEX Heat Transfer Plates should be kept as straight as possible so as the PEX expands it will be able to slide quietly.
We suggest you use a chalk line to help line up the plates straight. You should place the plates as close together as possible and at the ends where the PEX curves back to the next line of PEX heat transfer plates we suggest that you support the curve at both ends with a piece of wood between the joists. The wood should have rounded edges and support the PEX as close as possible to the sub floor as you can without having it bind in any way. Doing this should allow the PEX to move at both ends assuring as quiet an installation as possible. Talon clamps are used also in conjunction with PEX heat transfer plates for under floor radiant installations to help hold the PEX neatly to and from the PEX manifold.
Housepex 1/2 Inch PEX Heat Transfer Plate 4 1/2 inch by 24 inch - 4524 Features
- Reduced installation time as pex tubing whip is reduced
- Box count of 100
- Available for 1/2 Inch PEX Pipe ASTM sizes
- Reliable heat transfer performance
- Easily stapled or screwed to sub-floor
- Stamped Aluminum
- Convenient 24 Inches PEX heat transfer plate length
- As a result of the panel’s novel design, heating pipe or pex tubing is held securely in place
- Radiant heat means conduction with heat transfer medium
- Good performance means high comfort and economy of operation
- Made in the USA